Our core business is the provision of corporate legal advice. Our services have attracted the hearts of an array of both local and international private and public institutions. It is the firm’s objective to give sound legal solutions to ensure the growth and sustenance of our clients.
A lesser portion of the firm’s legal work is directed towards fighting human rights violations by the State against individuals. A lessor portion of our portfolio is for criminal work for a few selected clients.
As a good corporate citizen, the firm acknowledges the need to assist the underprivileged and marginalized of our community. As such, time and again, we provide pro-bono legal advice and litigation to deserving cases.
Areas of Practice
Our wide range of commercial and corporate legal services are among but not limited to;-
• Liquidations/ winding up and judicial management,
• Company formations and restructuring,
• Drafting of corporate agreements and opinion related work,
• Advice on tax law,
• Acquisitions/ mergers, takeovers and compromises,
• Registration of patents and trademarks,
• Preparation of trusts,
To this sector our various services include;
• Debt recoveries,
• Registration of security documents,
• Providing advice and opinions in financial agreements,
• Preparation of financial agreements, security forms and documentation.
The law firm has fairly long and continuous history of provision of these services to Metro Bank, one of the leading banks locally.
The labour law area is one with continuously changing terrain. The firm has been alert to these changes and its involvement in this key area is not limited to;
• Preparation of employment contracts,
• Preparation of employment codes of conduct,
• Preparations of constitutions,
• Legal representation at all levels,
• Advice on disciplinary procedures and retrenchments,
• Wage negotiations , arbitration, conciliation and mediation,
• Chairing disciplinary hearings and employment related enquiries,
• Training on disciplinary procedures and retrenchments.
This department is a very vibrant one. It is involved in preparation of leases and agreements of sale of immovable property. Estate administration comes in as another valuable service in our portfolio of services. A host of individuals have found the quality of our service in this area irresistible, and their religious commitment to us has further consolidated the market position of the firm.
Our services in these departments include registration of Title deeds, Mortgage bonds, Notarial bonds, Cancellation of Mortgage and Notarial bonds and registration of trusts.
The firm litigates across all the full range of services. We take cognizance of the expensive and time consuming nature of litigation and as such, we are settlement oriented. However, where this becomes futile, we become uncompromisingly combative to the very end. We only litigate after meticulously assessing our prospects of success. Our high skills in litigation work reflect well in the success we scored. The firm has 90% rate of winning at all levels of litigation.
This department has a test case programme whereby new and burning legal issues are identified and argued upon at the High Court and Supreme Court. This has assisted in the transformation and development of our law in general.